POS 410 Week 2 Table Queries SQL for Business
Create two tables using the specifications listed.
• Use the database built in last week’s assignment to create the two tables and associated columns listed below. Table names, data types, and column lengths must be used as specified; column names may be created as desired and appropriate. Avoiding the use of spaces and special characters in the column names is recommended.
• In the Employee table, create an Employee ID column that generates a unique number for each employee and designate the column as the Primary Key. In the Job table, use the job title column as the table’s primary key.
Table Name = Employee_Tbl
• Employee ID (type= numeric identity) PK
• Last name (type=varchar(30))
• First name (type=varchar(30))
• Address (type=varchar(30))
• City (type=varchar(30))
• State (type=varchar(2))
• Telephone area code (type=varchar(3))
• Telephone number (type=varchar(7))
• Employer Information Report (EEO-1) classification (type=varchar(30))
• Hire date (type=date)
• Salary (type=money)
• Gender (type=varchar(1))
• Age (type=numeric)
• Job Title (type=varchar(30))
Table Name = Job_Tbl
• Job title (type=varchar(30)) PK
• Job description (type=varchar(2000))
• Exemption status (type=varchar(1))
Use the SQL INSERT statement to go to the human resources department in the Kudler Fine Foods Virtual Organization. Using information found in the employee files for the La Jolla and Encinitas stores, enter records into the Employee table for the following employees:
• Glenn Edelman
• Eric McMullen
• Raj Slentz
• Erin Broun
• Donald Carpenter
• David Esquivez
• Nancy Sharp
Use the information from the job classifications and descriptions to enter records into the Job Title table for the following titles:
• Accounting clerk
• Assistant manager
• Computer support specialist
• Director of finance and accounting
• Retail assistant bakery and pastry
• Retail assistant butchers and seafood specialists
Hint: Data entered into the job title column of the employee_tbl and job_tbl tables must match exactly, including case, spaces, and so on. If they do not match exactly, you will not be able to create the foreign key or perform the joins that are required in later assignments.
Deliverables: check your results by selecting all of the data from both tables (one table at a time). Copy and paste screen images of your work in a word doc, then post as an attachment in your assignment tab of the classroom. You may need to resize your windows and take multiple screen shots to capture all of the required information. The screen images should show the following information:
• Database, table, and column definitions
• SQL statements used to load the data
• Data stored in both tables (display contents after data is loaded)
Refer to the materials forum for the rubric that will be used to grade this assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more