Need an argumentative essay on How the Media Affects Diet, Nutrition and Exercise. Needs to be 20 pages. Please no plagiarism.Download file “How the Media Affects Diet, Nutrition and Exercise” to see previous pages…
Many multidimensional models of messy eating (e.g., Garfinkel &. Garner, 1982) count mass media under the heading of “sociocultural (risk) factors” without a huge deal
of concentration to mechanisms of influence. In more detailed analyses media are interpreted as instruments of propaganda in the service of patriarchy and big business (Bordo,
1993. Wolf, 1991). Whatever theoretical harmony exists seems to revolve around two points. First,
mass media both support and reveal body shapes, styles of clothing, and other images that signify (“embody”) intricate themes of gender, race, class, beauty, identity, desire, success, and self-control in postindustrial societies (Bordo, 1993. Gordon, 1990. Kilbourne, 1994. Nichter &. Nichter, 1991. Stice, 1994). …
nd research and the many complex effects being proposed, we examine the relation between mass media and messy eating by addressing some supposedly simple questions (after Harris, 1994):
1. What rationale is there to deduce that media help provide a “context” in which the mechanism and syndromes of messy eating thrive
2. Do content analyses prop up arguments about the nature and degree of messages that might add to messy eating
3. To what amount are females between the ages of 9 and 25, the population at risk for eating disorders, exposed to those mass media containing toxic messages
4. What is the status of the proof from association and tentative studies examining the effect of mass media or media images on that population
5. Which theories within the field of mass communication, developmental psychology, and social psychology might direct theory and research toward an understanding of media effects
6. What are the particular implications of existing work on mass media for research on the etiology of eating disorders The “mass media” are openly supported institutions and forms of communication that produce messages designed for a very huge, very assorted, and fundamentally unidentified audience (Gerbner, Gross, Morgan, &. Signorielli, 1994. Harris, 1994). The messages serve many purposes, including entertainment, education, government, and, certainly, engagement of huge groups of people so that advertisers can sell them products. Children, adolescents, and adults interact with a wide variety of mass media, including television, music delivered by compact discs and radio, and telecommunications available through personal computers.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more