Module 2 – SLP
The External Environment, Internal Profile, and SWOT
Wonder Company Simulation
The Module 2 SLP requires that you continue with the scenario and simulation you began in the Module 1 SLP.
SLP2 – It is January 15, 2017. You have finished analyzing the performance of the Wonder Company, and you have submitted the report requested by your CEO, Sally Smothers. You are ready to move forward to 2017, but then….
….as you turn on the TV, you notice something very strange. You recognize that the date is January 1, 2013, and that you get to make the decisions for the Wonder Company for the 4-year period beginning with 2013. Your challenge is to do better than Joe Thomas.
At the beginning of each year (2013-2016), you will determine your pricing, your R&D allocations, and whether or not to discontinue any products. You are required to make your decisions for each year, and to report your results to see what happened. You must keep track of your decisions, making specific notes supporting each of your decisions.
Run the Wonder Co. simulation through the end of 2016. When you are finished, the date will be December 31, 2016. What is your total Score? Did you do better than Joe Thomas?
You organize your notes about your decisions, your analysis, and your reasoning into a well-written report.
Session Long Project
Run the Wonder Company simulation with your strategy, making decisions year by year for prices and R&D allocations. Write a 5-page paper, not including cover and reference pages, in which you discuss the decisions and the results for each year. Discuss why you did better (or worse) than Joe Thomas.
KEYS TO THE ASSIGNMENT
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered and taken into account in preparing your paper include:
· As you run the simulation, keep track of your decisions and the results – both financial and marketing. Copy and paste the results into Excel or into a Word document. You will also want to record the information that you get from the Advisor. Make a note of your Final Total Score.
· Include your Final Total Score, some tables, and/or graphs showing key results. Using sound logic, be sure to clearly explain the differences from Joe.
· Remember that the key here is quality of analysis.
· Time Line Summary:
· 2016: You are hired on December 31, 2016.
· Turned in first report to the CEO on January 15, 2017.
· You again find yourself in a Time Warp that takes you back to January 1, 2013.
· You revise the decisions made by Joe for 2013 – 2016. You make new decisions each year.
· December 31, 2016 – You have gone through all four years, and you write your second report to summarize how you did.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated using the grading rubric.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Please note the following tips and suggestions:
· Include a cover page and reference page, in addition to the 6 pages of analysis described above:
o Use section headings as appropriate. Use graphs, charts, or figures strategically – but do not use these as “space fillers.” Include large graphs, etc., as an Appendix instead.
o Cite and reference all sources that you use in your work, including those that you paraphrase. This means include citations and quotation marks for direct quotes, and citations for that information which you have “borrowed” or paraphrased from other sources.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more