MIS582 Week 6 Course Project ABC Company Order Inventory System Database
Scenario and Summary
In this assignment, you will create and populate a MySQL database based on the ERD you created in task2. Update the ERD you submitted for task2 with the corrections required by your instructor. To help you with this task, your instructor will provide you with the data dictionary of the database. This will provide you information on every table that you must create for the ABC Company database. Every entity can be found listed in the data dictionary along with the PK/FK information as well as the data types for the attributes. These data types are MySQL data types so they can go directly in the create table statements. Using the corrected ERD and the data dictionary provided, write the necessary MySQL statements to create the ABC company database. To complete this assignment, you will need to be able to run MySQL via Omnymbus.
1. Corrected ERD based on the instructor feedback and data dictionary. The data dictionary titled COURSE PROJECT Week6Task3DataDictonary.xlsx can be found in the folder titled Course Project Documents. Save your file as Lastname_Task3_revisedERD.vsd.
2. Script file as Lastname_task3.sql which includes all the drop, create, alter, and insert statements needed to create the ABC Company database.
3. Word document showing the run result of the script file saved as Lastname_task3Result.docx.
4. When you are done, upload a zip file containing the three files to the Week 6: Course Project Week 6 Task 3 Dropbox.
Revise the ERD you submitted for the previous task with the feedback provided by your instructor and the help of the given data dictionary document.
• Write create table statements for each table in the database in a file. Use the data types given in the data dictionary. Make sure every table has primary key(s), foreign keys if required, and not nulls if required. (Refer to data dictionary for this information)
• Save the file with the name Lastname_Task3.sql.
• Login to your MySQL account via Omnymbus.
• Create the database following the naming convention which is databaseName_loginId. You may use MIS582Project_####, replace the #### with your four-digit username.
• Click on the database name you just created.
• Run the script file by choosing Run SQL from file button. Select From uploaded file and find your file by clicking on the browse button. Once you find the file, click on the Execute button.
• If there are no errors, all tables will be successfully created. You may check them by adding SHOW TABLES at the end of your script file.
• If you have errors, correct those errors and execute the script again until it is error free.
• You may test each create table statement individually by clicking the Execute SQL button and pasting the create statement in the window.
• Be sure to drop all tables before running the script file to create all tables at once.
Adding data to your database.
• Write insert statements to successfully insert data into each table.
• A minimum of 3 rows are required for each table.
• Check the data in each table by running a SELECT * FROM table query.
• You may add these statements to your script file and run everything together.
Points for will be awarded according to the following rubrics.
• 10 Points: Visio drawing: Revised E-R model provided as a Visio diagram.
• 15 Points: CREATE STATEMENTS: Successfully creating all tables.
• 5 Points: PRIMARY KEYS: Correct primary keys created for all tables.
• 5 Points: FOREIGN KEYS: All required foreign keys created.
• 5 Points: ALTER STATEMENT: Any alter statements required.
• 10 Points: INSERT STATEMENTS: Minimum three rows per table found.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more