Microsoft Access 2010 Chapter 9 Lab 1 Creating Macros a Navigation Form and a PivotTable for the ECO Clothesline Database
Lab 1: Creating Macros, a Navigation Form, and a PivotTable for the ECO Clothesline Database
Problem: ECO Clothesline would like an easy way to access the various tables, forms, and reports included in the database. This would make the database much easier to maintain and update.
Instructions: If you are using Microsoft Access 2010 Comprehensive text, open the ECO Clothesline database that you used in Chapter 8. Otherwise, contact your instructor for more information about accessing the required files.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Create a macro named Forms and Reports that will include submacros to perform the following tasks:
a. Open the Sales Rep Order Data form in read-only mode.
b. Open the Sales Rep Master Form.
c. Open Customer Master Form.
d. Preview the Sales Rep Master List.
e. Preview the Customer Balance Report.
f. Preview the Customer Discount Report.
g. Export the Sales Rep Master List in the PDF format.
h. Export the Customer Balance Report in the PDF format.
i. Export the Customer Discount Report in the PDF format.
2. Create the menu form shown in Figure 9-80. The command buttons should use the macros you created in Step 1 to open the Customer Master Form, the Sales Rep Master Form, and the Sales Rep Order Data form.
3. Create the menu form shown in Figure 9-81. The option group should use the macros you created in Step 1 to preview and export the three reports.
4. Create a datasheet form for the Customer table and name the form Customer. Create a UI macro for the Customer form. When a user clicks a customer number on a row in the datasheet, the Customer Master Form should appear in a pop-up form.
5. Create a datasheet form for the Sales Rep table and name the form Sales Rep. Create a UI macro for the Sales Rep form. When a user clicks a sales rep number on a row in the datasheet, the Sales Rep Master Form should appear in a pop-up form.
6. Create the navigation form shown in Figure 9-82 for the ECO Clothesline database. Use the same design for your navigation form as the one illustrated in this chapter. For example, the Customer tab should display the Customer form you created in Step 4, and the Sales Rep tab should display the Sales Rep form you create in Step 5. The Forms tab should display the Form List form you created in Step 3, and the Reports tab should display the Reports List form you created in Step 3.
7. Submit the revised database in the format specified by your instructor.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more