Microsoft Access 2010 Chapter 7 Lab 2 Querying the Walburg Energy Alternatives Database Using SQL
Problem: The manager of the Walburg Energy Alternatives store would like to learn more about SQL and has determined a number of questions he wants SQL to answer. You must obtain answers to the questions posed by the manager.
Instructions: If you are using the Microsoft Access 2010 Complete or the Microsoft Access 2010 Comprehensive text, open the Walburg Energy Alternatives database that you used in Chapter 6. Otherwise, see your instructor for information on accessing the files required in this book.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Find all records in the Item table where the difference between the cost of the item and the selling price of the item is less than $0.25 (25 cents). Display the item number, description, cost, and selling price in the query result. Save the query as Lab 7-2 Step 1 Query.
2. Display the item number, description, and profit (selling price – cost) for all items. Name the computed field Profit. Save the query as Lab 7-2 Step 2 Query.
3. Find all items where the description begins with the letter, W. Include the item number and description in the result. Save the query as Lab 7-2 Step 3 Query.
4. Display the vendor name, item number, description, and cost for all items where the number on hand is less than 10. Sort the results in ascending order by vendor name and description. Save the query as Lab 7-2 Step 4 Query.
5. Find the average cost by vendor. Name the computed field Average Cost. Save the query as Lab 7-2 Step 5 Query.
6. Find the total number of reordered items for each item in the Reorder table. Name the computed field Total Ordered. Include the item number in the result. Save the query as Lab 7-2 Step 6 Query.
7. Add the following record to the Reorder table.
Item Number Date Ordered Number Ordered
8590 4/12/2012 3
Save the steps to add the record as Lab 7-2 Step 7 Query.
8. Update the Number Ordered field to 5 for those records where the Item Number is 8590 and the date ordered is 4/12/2012. Save the steps to update the record as Lab 7-2 Step 8 Query.
9. Delete all records where the Item Number is 8590 and the date ordered is 4/12/2012. Save the steps to delete the record as Lab 7-2 Step 9 Query.
10. Submit the revised database in the format specified by your instructor.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more