. In chapter 12 of Science and Faith, beginning on p. 165 John Haught raises six questions he thinks that the discovery of extraterrestrial intelligent life would raise for religious believers. In the chart below, choose two of these questions and explain Haughtâs response to them, in two or three sentences of your own words.
1. If we ever encounter ETI, what would happen to the notion of God?
2. Would our own sense of significance in the universe be diminished?
3. What would be the implications for the three Abrahamic traditions that identify themselves as specially chosen, as people set apart (the question of religious particularity)?
4. Would our own faith traditions and theologies make any sense to intelligent beings from other planets?
5. What implications would the discovery of other intelligent beings have on the large question of cosmic purpose?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more