Assignment : Legal Aspects of U.S. Health Care System Administration
Prevailing wisdom reinforces the fact that working in U.S. health care administration in the 21st Century requires knowledge of the various aspects of health laws as they apply to dealing with medical professionals. Further, because U.S. health care administrators have to potentially interact with many levels of professionals beyond the medical profession, it is prudent that they are aware of any federal, state, and local laws that may be applicable to their organizations. Thus, their conduct is also subject to the letter of the law. They must evaluate the quality of their professional interactions and be mindful of the implications and ramifications of their decisions.
You are employed as a top health administrator at the hypothetical Well Care Hospital in Happy Town. When you were hired, your pre-employment screening involved background checks into any violation of hospital medical misconduct during the last five (5) years. The results showed that you were in good standing with the hospital administration community. During the past year, you had to undergo training in personnel conduct, as well as in inter-employee conduct with medical staff, nurses, technologists, etc. During the past six (6) months, the hospital has been under scrutiny for breach of medical compliance.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Articulate your position as the top administrator concerned about the importance of professional conduct within the health care setting. Justify your position.
2. Ascertain the major ramifications of having professional staff compromise the boundaries of ethics and medical conduct.
3. Analyze the four (4) elements required of a plaintiff to prove medical negligence.
4. Discuss the overarching duties of the health care governing board in mitigating the effects of medical non-compliance, as they apply to the rules of practice set forth in the Well Care Hospital governing board’s manifesto.
5. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources. You may use this resource, Pozgar, G. D. & Santucci, N. (2016). Legal aspects of health care administration. (12th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
The paper must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more