Good morning nysanda, Can you please help me with my assignment as follows (kindly provide references so I can understand too):
Provide the journal entry to record issuing of common stock shares by a corporation, record issuing of cumulative preferred stock, and record a declaration
of stock split.
During 2013, Company A has the following transactions involving its common and preferred stock:
Issued 20,000 shares of $8 par common stock for $26 a share; brings total shares outstanding to 50,000 shares
Issued 6,000 shares of $100 par, 6%, cumulative preferred stock for $150 per share
When market value of the common stock reached $15 a share, Company A declared a 3-for-1 stock split, reducing the par value to $188 per share
The following is required:
1. Prepare a journal entry for each transaction.
2. Discuss the right of shareholders of capital stock for company A that they are entitled to.
3. Company A is formed as a corporation and therefore, its shareholders have limited liability. Limited liability means that stockholders can only lose the amount of their
investment. Discuss how this limited liability affects a corporation.
Company B began 2013 with a $110,000 balance in retained earnings. The following events occurred during the year:
Cash dividends of $18,500 were declared.
4,500 shares of callable preferred stock were recalled and retired for a price of $225 per share. The stock was originally issued for $150 per share.
Net income was $550,000.
A material error in net income for a previous period was corrected. The correction of the error decreased retained earnings by $18,500 after a related income tax.
The following is required:
1. Prepare the statement of retained earnings for the year ended 2013, and any note disclosures separately.
2. Discuss the restriction of retained earnings that the board of directors can impose and why it would be necessary.During 2013, Company A has the following transactions involving its common and preferred stock:Issued 20,000 shares of $8 par common stock for $26 a share; brings total shares outstanding to…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more