Find out the Financial Statement of Apple vs Samsung of 2017 and 2018 under following Topics.
The following are the questions you should answer. You can find 2017 & 2018 Balance Sheet and Income Statement at finance.yahoo.com.
1. (Common-size Balance Sheet & Common-size Income Statement Analysis) (25 points)
1) With 2017 & 2018 balance sheet & Income statement for each company, create common -size balance sheets and common-size income statements.
2) Using 2018 common-size balance sheet and income statement, compare your company with the benchmark and describe how your company is similar to or different from the benchmark.
3) Using 2017 & 2018 common-size balance sheet and income statement of each company, do the time trend analysis and describe how each company changes over time.
2. (Financial Ratio Analysis) Using 2017 & 2018 Balance sheet & Income statement for each company, compute the following financial ratios for each company: (25 points)
1) Current ratio
2) Quick ratio
3) Debt-to-equity ratio
4) Times interest earned ratio (Interest coverage ratio)
5) Inventory Turnover
6) Receivable turnover
7) Total asset turnover
8) Profit margin
9) Return on Asset (ROA)
10) Return on Equity (ROE)
11) Price-earnings ratio
12) Market-to-book ratio
3. (Financial Ratio Analysis) Select the benchmark for peer group analysis. You’ll use two kinds of benchmarks in this assignment. One is your competitor’s ratios and the other is industry averages (you can find industry averages from finance.yahoo.com or www.reuters.com or investing.money.msn.com). Make sure that you cite the source of industry averages. (25 points)
1) Using the 2018 ratios from Question 2, compare your company’s ratios to both competitor’s and industry averages. Then describe how good or bad ratios of your company are considered.
2) Using 2017 & 2018 ratios for your company, compare your company’s 2017 ratios with 2018 ratios and describe the similarities and differences.
4. (DuPont Identity) (25 points)
1) Using the DuPont Identity equation, compare your company’s 2018 ROE with competitor’s 2018 ROE. Find out what makes difference in ROEs between your company and competitor. 2) Using the DuPont Identity equation, compare your company’s 2017 ROE with 2018 ROE. Find out what makes difference in ROE between two periods if there is any difference.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more