1. What is one of the challenges in business ethics?
Business ethics is completely independent of the law.
Business ethics does not assert the obvious.
Business ethics issues are unrelated to the everyday occurrences in an organization.
Business ethics cannot be taught to employees
2. What can help managers to overcome the challenge of teaching business ethics to employees?
Attempting to change employees’ values
Instructing employees to follow only legal guidelines
Allowing employees to use their own personal moral standards while making decisions
Focusing on the management of employee values and conflicts
3. How can an organization faced with the challenges of business ethics, overcome these challenges?
By ensuring that its code of ethics has honesty mentioned in it.
By developing a business ethics program that focuses on making its employees unlearn their personal values.
By recognizing that ethics cannot be incorporated into its management.
By acknowledging that legal regulations are the only way to prevent its employees from committing unethical acts
4. Stephan is a proponent of the narrow view of corporate social responsibility (CSR). He believes that people should behave in a socially responsible manner on their own time. What other opinion is Stephan likely to have?
Corporations have a duty to invest some of their resources on improving society.
Corporations should exclusively follow the instructions set by the government when carrying out CSR functions. C. CSR functions should receive utmost importance by employees in a corporation.
Corporations should only focus on increasing the wealth of their shareholders
5. Which view of corporate social responsibility (CSR) suggests that the emphasis of corporations should be on CSR and not on achieving profitability? This view also suggests that the existence of corporations is based on the premise that they will serve society.
The invisible hand view
The management’s hand view
The shareholder’s hand view
The government’s hand view
6. What is true about the moderate view of corporate social responsibility (CSR)?
It suggests that governments have a better view on CSR and the needs of society.
It suggests that the CSR functions of corporations should not be regulated by government agencies.
It suggests that corporations should focus entirely on CSR and not on making profits.
It was proposed by Adam Smith.
7. In the context of business ethics, what is one of the provisions granted by the 2002 Sarbanes Oxley Act?
Surveillance of terrorist related activities
Employment at will
Protection of corporate whistleblowers
Punishment of employees who report their organizations’ unethical practices
8. In which case is the discharge of an employee considered to be wrongful in the context of the Wrongful Discharge from Employment Act?
When the discharge occurred because the employee failed to deliver performance
When the discharge occurred because the employee refused to violate a public policy
When the discharge occurred because the employee violated organizational norms
When the discharge occurred because the employee misrepresented his or her qualifications
9. Which inconsistency is likely to complicate the risk for whistleblowers in organizations?
The troubling situation at work involves a statute that does not carry protection for whistleblowers.
The troubling situation at work is one they are expected to participate in
The troubling situation at work may be one they are not expected to ignore.
The troubling situation at work is not only unethical but also illegal
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more