Individual Assignment Database Creation and Reporting
Resources: The entity relationship diagram and normalized table specifications from the Week Two individual assignment, SQL Server® and Reporting Services on the Toolwire® site, and Beginning Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Programming
Based on your Week #2 IA’s table design metadata, program your own SQL statements using SQL Server’s Management Studio to create, populate, and query a relational database for the Huffman Trucking’s fleet truck maintenance application.
(3 points) Use CREATE TABLE statements to create a table for each entity for Huffman Trucking’s fleet truck maintenance database.
(2 points) Use INSERT statements to populate the tables with realistic sample data. Include at least 2 rows for each table.
(2.5 points; 0.5 point each) Use a separate SELECT statement to create each of the following queries:
• A simple query for each table that returns all of the columns and all of the rows for each table.
• A query that displays each part that has been purchased by Huffman Trucking Company. For each part, also retrieve its parts catalog information from the parts catalog table and vendor information from the vendor table.
• A query that displays all of the rows in the vehicle maintenance table. For each vehicle maintenance row, join the corresponding information from the maintenance descriptions table and vehicles table.
• A query that displays each row in the maintenance work order table. For each row in the maintenance work order table, join the corresponding information from the maintenance description table.
• A query that counts the number of maintenance work orders for each vehicle in the maintenance work order table. Display the vehicle column and the corresponding count of work orders for each vehicle.
(2.5 points) Create a report using the SQL Server Business Intelligence Reporting Services of the parts purchasing history for Huffman Trucking Company. The report should display all parts purchasing history including manufacturer and vendor information, parts catalog information, and associated parts inventory issues, and all parts inventory purchases.
Format the report to present to senior management at Huffman Trucking.
Place screen snapshots of all of the above SQL statements as they executed in SQL Server Management Studio showing the SQL statements and the results returned, as well as a screen snapshot of your Reporting Services report, showing your actual data, into a single Word or .pdf file
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more