CSCI 4441-01 / CSCI 6655-01
Web-Database Application Development Fall 2021 || Final Project
The objective of this project is to test you in both frontend and backend knowledge. In this project, you are going to create a frontend application using Vue and set up a server using NodeJS/ExpressJS
An abstract view of your final project:
There are two major deliverable components in your project:
a. It should be a single page application
b. An application must be developed using Vue
c. The application should be broken down into at least more than two components in the root.
d. The application must have data passing from one component to another
e. The data must be coming from your Node Server deployed in Heroku (or any other platform you would like to host your node server NOT IN YOUR LOCALHOST)
f. If I run your Vue application from my laptop, it should access data from your server without any hassle.
g. Your application must have more than 4 types of data. And, your application should be fetching more than 5 data. (refer to class exercise code)
2. Server: You need to set up a server using NodeJS and deploy it to Heroku.
a. Your server homepage must be your portfolio (one that you build on your midterm). It means that when you open your https://something.com/ it should show your website
b. The JSON data must be in the yourwebsite.com/api . Your frontend application should be fetching the data from this URL.
c. Your public folder should contain your portfolio website + json file
What are your deliverables?
1. Wireframe for your frontend application
2. Your frontend Vue application
3. Your Node JS Server hosting your portfolio website and the API.
How to submit your work?
1. Please attach your wireframe, the link to your server in the pdf file, your GitHub link
· Please make two separate repositories on GitHub for your frontend code and backend code.
2. You need to zip your Vue application code in one zip folder <yourName>_vue_.zip. Please make sure to zip the whole folder. Your application should start when I run it using npm run serve in CLI
3. You need to zip your NodeServer code in one zip folder <yourName>_node_zip. Please make sure to zip the whole folder.
4. Zip them all (pdf, Vue zip, node zip) together in another zip folder and then submit it.
Using MongoDB: You can get your data from the MongoDB server and host that data in JSON format in your server.
Score Distribution: Total 110
Backend Application (Server, API, Portfolio)
BEST OF LUCK!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more