CMIS420 Advanced Relational Database Final Programming Project
In this project, you will design a secure database with several tables using good relational database design techniques.
After completing this Project, you should be able to:
Explain the purposes of advanced database objects including indexes, clusters, sequences, and views
Develop and implement functions, triggers, and stored procedures/packages
1. Using the Oracle database engine, design and develop a relational database to store user information to support a large online shipping company. Information that needs to be stored includes user name, detailed mailing address, and shipping information including number of packages, weight, cost, destination, origin, and tracking information allowing users to determine where a package is, and when and who signed for the package once it arrives. Other business data should be present showing how much the shipment costs and invoicing capability to send bills to customers. Your design should be normalized and well-designed for scalability for additional customers and shipment locations.
2. Your design should allow for inserting, updating, selecting and deleting information
3. A trigger should be used to generate invoices once a customer reaches $200 in shipping costs.
4. An instead-of trigger should be employed to update and/or populate multi-table views.
5. You should include packages, indexes, views and other helpful database components that will assist you in your design.
6. Your scripts should work perfectly allowing the creation of all of the tables, triggers, views and other database components and provide test scripts that demonstrate the use of the system.
7. You do not need a GUI component but your scripts should demonstrate all of the functionality of the system.
All sql scripts and run scripts and instructions for successfully building your database and testing your database.
An ERD diagram of your database design showing primary keys, foreign keys and other constraints.
3. Well-written word document describing:
a. The database design
b. How to set up and test your database
c. The test data and results you used for your database,
d. Your approach, lessons learned, design strengths, limitations and suggestions for future improvement and alternative approaches, the most challenging aspects of developing this application.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more