Case Study 3: Minnesota Detectives Crack the Case with Digital Forensics
Due Week 7 and worth 80 points
Go to the Government Technology website to read the article titled “Minnesota Detectives Crack the Case with Digital Forensics” dated October 8, 2014, located at http://www.govtech.com/public-safety/Minnesota-Detectives-Crack-the-Case-with-Digital-Forensics.html.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Provide a brief summary on the case involving the two (2) Andover teens.
2. Explain, from a forensics perspective, the digital evidence found on the mobile devices that helped lead to the perpetrator’s capture and the girls’ rescue.
3. Describe the basic components of the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office digital forensics lab and staff, and consider whether or not you would implement improvements in any areas based on the growing need.
4. Determine whether or not you believe the notion that an officer or investigator’s first questions at the scene should be, “Where’s the phone? Can we get access to the phone?” Provide a rationale for your determination.
5. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Outline system forensics issues, laws, and skills.
· Develop plans that collect evidence in network and email environments.
· Examine automated digital forensic analysis.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in computer forensics.
· Write clearly and concisely about computer forensics topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using this rubric.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more