Assignment 2: Critical Infrastructure Protection
According to the text, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is an important cybersecurity initiative that requires careful planning and coordination in protecting our infrastructure.
You may use the following resources in order to complete the assignment,“National Infrastructure Protection Plan”, located at http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/NIPP_Plan.pdf DHS Critical Infrastructure Security Webpage, located at https://www.dhs.gov/topic/critical-infrastructure-security “NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/cybersecurity-framework-021214-final.pdf “NIST Roadmap for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/roadmap-021214.pdf
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Interpret the Department of Homeland Security’s mission, operations and responsibilities.
2. Detail the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) initiatives, what they protect, and the methods we use to protect our assets.
3. Analyze the way in which CIP has or has not advanced between the releases of the DHS’ NIPP and the NIST’s Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity. Justify your response.
4. Describe the vulnerabilities that should concern IS professionals who protect the U.S.’s critical infrastructure.
5. Suggest three (3) methods to improve the protection of the U.S.’s critical infrastructure, and justify each suggested method.
6. Evaluate the effectiveness of IS professionals in regard to protecting the U.S.’s critical infrastructure, and indicate the strategic ways that you believe IS professionals could better serve as protectors.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more