Hot Water (HW) Spas Crows Foot ERD
- December 17, 2020
- Posted by: admin
Create a complete ERD in Crow’s Foot notation that can be implemented in the relational model using the following description of operations. Hot Water (HW) is a small start-up company that sells spas. HW does not carry any stock. A few spas are set up in a simple warehouse so customers can see some of the models available, but any products sold must be ordered at the time of the sale.
• HW can get spas from several different manufacturers.
• Each manufacturer produces one or more different brands of spas.
• Each and every brand is produced by only one manufacturer.
• Every brand has one or more models.
• Every model is produced as part of a brand. For example, Iguana Bay Spas is a manufacturer that produces Big Blue Iguana spas, a premium-level brand, and Lazy Lizard spas, an entry-level brand. The Big Blue Iguana brand offers several models, including the BBI-6, an 81-jet spa with two 6-hp motors, and the BBI-10, a 102-jet spa with three 6-hp motors.
• Every manufacturer is identified by a manufacturer code. The company name, address, area code, phone number, and account number are kept in the system for every manufacturer.
• For each brand, the brand name and brand level (premium, mid-level, or entry-level) are kept in the system.
• For each model, the model number, number of jets, number of motors, number of horsepower per motor, suggested retail price, HW retail price, dry weight, water capacity, and seating capacity must be kept in the system.
In addition, for this problem, use Excel to make a “Components of the ERM” table similar to table 4.4 on page 134.